15 April 2008

Super Tuesday

Tuesday is the usual continuous "no-break-for-you-missy!" pracs day. Hence the name of the post. Feel like superwoman on an empty grumbly stomach, haha.. Woke up at 10 to 7am, and was debating with myself on whether to attend the early 8am lecture or not. My inner geek won and I dragged myself out of the comfy bed. Had breakfast of biscuits and cold tea. (Before atu, mandi plang ku bhapa dulu.. :p ) On the way to uni, Yunyun and I met with Syimsyim and Nabnab near the glasshouses. Apparently, syimsyim was calling out to us awalnya tapi nda kami kedgran, since we had our ears besumbat with earphones, haha.. Quoting apa ckp c yunyun, "sorry nda kedangaran.. Maklum in the process of destroying hair cells " hahaha.. ada2 saja..

We had a lecture on epithelial transport in cystic fibrosis. The lecture was quite good and provided more elaboration of the lecture that we had yesterday. After the 1-hour lecture, I had a Microbes practical. Syimsyim had the same schedule as me for today, so kami sama2 ke lab. For that prac, I partnered up with Syimsyim. We examined some sputum sample, did a gram stain and looked at several types of bacteria in the light and fluorescent microscopes. As I mentioned in a previous post, cass and I did a throat swap last week. We had the chance to examine the plate which now contained some bacterial growth. Nothing nasty grew on mine, I assure you, hehe..

The prac finished 30 minutes early, (thank god!) so Syimsyim and I decided to get something to eat before the next prac, just to ease my tummy rumblings, due to my poor choice of early morning breakfast. We had fish and chips and met up with Shing and Cass at the physio refrac. We had histo prac next on the lower respiratory tract and looked at some slides and cells. Also, finished the prac 30 minutes early, so we went to the BSL library to borrow some books. At 1pm, we had an anat prac at the anatomy lab. Examined wet specimens of the lung and trunk, as well as briefly looking at some x rays posted up. We didn't stay long for a supposedly 2 hour prac. There wasn't much to do, so most people left an hour early. Syimsyim and Nabnab went to the UQ union, while I decided to head back home. On the way, met up with Aileen and had a little chat with her.

I arrived home at quarter past 2. Had a bit of a rest, then spent the afternoon agonizing over my FQ of the week.. We ran out of cooking oil, so Yunyun and I went to caicai's late afternoon. We cooked dinner of udang rebus, sotong kicap and sayur campur. The udang from coles turned out better than the ones that we bought from chinatown, which tasted like plastic, haha.. jadi recommended lah kalo kan bali udang, arah coles bisai, walaupun cooked udah.. Ok then, I need to review my CC handbook lagi for tomorrow and watch lagi the videos, sighh..

Till the next post.

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com