23 April 2008

Into the night

What an exhausting day! Sambil menguap2 ku membuat post ani, haha, looks like an early night for me today. I woke up at 6:30am today to revise my CC handbook, since last night I couldn't really digest whatever it was that I have read. I did not go to my early 8am lecture, since I have to go to the RBH hospital for my CCS and CC today. Knowing that I'll be staying in the hospital, I cooked pasta for my lunch later on.

At 8:30am, I headed to uni to meet up with my P.B.L mates for a lift to the hospital. Dan, Mchael & Rchelle were driving. I got into Dan's car with Cass and Kal. We arrived at 9:20am at the hospital. Our CCS started at 9:30am in one of the teaching rooms. We were reviewing our videos for history taking. There were some hilarious scenes and some good ones. Only 6 were able to present their videos this week. Mine will be reviewed next week, dam dim dum.. But I got to see myself acting as Mry's patient for her video. It was really embarassing to watch myself act in front of the others haha.. But I think I did okay as her patient, what with the need to appear anxious and all. Well it's part of the teaching process kan, misti tah dibuat jua.

We finished at 12pm. There was still an hour before the start of my CC, so we hung around the kitchen/tea room on the same floor. My stomach was already grumbling by that time, so I had my lunch of pasta that I packed from home. For the clinical coaching, we were scheduled to visit the extended care unit at the same hospital. This is our first ward visit for CC, so I was quite excited and nervous at the same time. Dr D introduced us to the registrar nurse at the unit. The nurses were quite friendly and all with the smilies. While we were waiting for Dr D to sort out which patients we can see, suddenly an old lady walked into the corridor where we were waiting. She called out to us, asking us to walk her to her bed. My two friends who were standing nearest to her then followed suit and helped her to lay on her bed. Apparently, according to the nurse, that has happened a couple of times (by the same patient).

Dr D then divided us into pairs, into different rooms to practice on our history taking. Rchelle and I paired up and talked to this sweet, animated old lady. She was there for a broken hip which occurred 2 weeks ago. She told us about her life story, medical-wise, (some interesting war stories included) and how grateful and amazed she was with the good management and treatment plan that she is getting now. Banar jua nya c Nabnab, kuat becerita durang ani..siuk plang mendangar some of the stories. After 15-20 mins or so, Dr D popped in to check on us and to tell us to end the session. We exchanged good byes and wished her a speedy recovery. We then went to see another patient who is willing to allow us to practice respiratory examination on him. Alx performed the examination while the rest of us observed. After the exam, we sat at the dining area and discussed our findings and observations. The CC ended at 3pm.

Rchelle drove us back home. I arrived home at 3:30pm and freshened up. 10 minutes to 4, I headed back to uni for a tutorial session at 4pm in the P.B.L building. We discussed week 12's case of cystic fibrosis and went through the steps in a respiratory examination. We were done by 6:15pm. By this time, it was already dark outside and it was starting to get cold. Yunyun, Nabnab, Rhmat, Val, Hazzie and I walked home. I was really exhausted by the time I reached home. We decided to just cook a simple meal, so we had mee kasar and chicken nuggets for dinner. After dinner, I continued on editing my FQ then posted it up on the group mail. Showered at 9pm (ahir!) haha.. then rest. I'm so happy that no morning lectures will be held tomorrow so I could sleep in!

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com