07 April 2008

Hello


now, now, now... I don't really know what possess me to actually start blogging. The only experience that I had ever had in a similar context would be writing in my diary.. really, what diary?! Well, after SEVERAL attempts to actually start writing my life story in a diary over the past few years, I figured that I am not really a journal/diary writing type of person.. Kirakan jenis 'hangat-hangat taie ayam' lah ni, hehe.. apa nya org putih, hot hot chicken feaces? :p usually, only the first few pages are filled and the rest are left alone collecting dust in my drawer.. oh well.. As for this blogging thing, let's see how this goes.. I figured that since I spend so much time in front of my laptop, I might as well have a go at this.. I do have a lot of time in my hands! rightttt... (buat tia FQ atu..)


Right.. for my first official post, let's talk about my day in general.. It's really cold today in brissy land. I woke up at around 6:50am, after several snoozing attempts.. and went to take a shower like a dead woman walking.. awal kali masih ah! hehe.. The cold blast of water helps revive my senses and now I'm ready to start the day. I didn't really had much time for breakfast today so I munched on a banana on my way to UQ. Had PBL at 8am today. We did the usual routine of reviewing the mechanism and case summary for last week's case. This week, we started on a new case entitled, 'He Didn't Listen to a Thing I Say', dealing with Otitis Media. As usual, we assigned each PBL member with a focus question (FQ). My FQ for this week is to find the physiology of the ear. By the end of the 3 hours, I was really hungry. On my way to the photocopy shop, I met up with Sa'dy and then we had lunch at the physiology refractory.


I went to the Biological Science library to start researching for my FQ.. didn't really get much out of it, just found out that I have used up all my free 200MB quota arah the library in just like 7 days! Aiyaa.. cemana bulih tu.. I think that I may have forgotten to log out after my last use of the library computer.. nahh, salah sendiri jua kan tu.. next time, I'll have to buy the additional download quota from the photocopy shop tah tu.. Oh well.. I met syimah arah library, then we went to the Hawken building for our afternoon lectures. Before that, I went to see my agent to get my flight tickets to Brunei this june.. hello mom, dad, mun.. i'll see u guys soonn.. :)


We had 3 lectures this afternoon.. I actually enjoyed the first lecture on the upper respiratory tract and ear. I found this fact interesting..According to the lecturer, Dr V K, in1904, a Carl Huter, compiled a physiognomy of the nose, reflecting the fantasies of that period about the body. In relation to our topic, there are about 10 types of nose shapes according to Huter. The scale is from I to X. The type I nose is that of a child, type IV nose is that of the German (which they considered to be the perfect size), and type X is the nose of the Jew. I wonder in which category do I fall into? Hmm.. could it be a III? well, go figure.. hehe..


The second lecture I had today was on the developmental problems in school aged children. From what I can recall, the lecturer mentioned an interesting statistic conducted, investigating the association between the number of children and IQ. It was found that having more than 3 children increases the likelihood of the children's IQ to drop by 40 points. I have no comment on that as I am no statistictists ( is that even a word?).. hehe..


By the 3rd lecture, I was mostly zoning out, having reached my optimum concentration limit for the day, haha.. and I was really in the need to pee, sampai goyang2 batisku menunggu abis lecture.. Nda ku mau keluar in the middle of the lecture, takut kana ucap rude to the lecturer, nda jua bisai tu nah..hehe.. I should have done my business earlier tapi gagah bah.. We went home at around 5pm with c nab and sa'dy. Ayun and me decided to just bali the Mixed platter at Nandos as we were not in the mood to cook anything after the long and tiring day that we had..


So now here I am, blogging tia pulang, nda membuat keraja, ish ish ish.. this week will be a pretty busy busy one for me, with PBLS, pracs, CCs, PSW and lectures all mixed up in my life as a medical student.. I will try to update this blog as often as I can. (crosses fingers) :)



Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com