24 April 2008

Shopping, sermons, and everything in between

No morning lectures today! :) Hence the sleep in. I managed to get 10 hours of sleep. Woke up at 9am today. Printed out my FQ for presentation in the P.B.L later on. I had pasta again for lunch, hehe. At a quarter to noon, I walked to uni for my P.B.L session. Met with Hazzie and Sa'dy while waiting for the elevator at the P.B.L building, then saw Syimsyim at the 5th floor carrying a donut :) As usual, thursday's P.B.L is the presentation of each person's research topic. The P.B.L ended at 2pm after 2 hours of discussion and such, though I was quiet most of the time, except for my turn in presenting my topic on antibiotics, haha..

I have no other classes after P.B.L, so I decided to go to the library to 'try' studying. Alas, it was a fruitless effort as I spent the entire time checking out people's facebook profiles and reading blogs, while my book lay open untouched next to me, haha.. Oh well, dtg tia penyakit "M" atu nah.. The library was noticeably less crowded than usual. I guess that the prospect of a 3-day weekend is quite appealing, so others may started theirs straight away. I sent messages to my 3 other "bosom" buddies if they wanted to jalan2 later. Nabnab and Yunyun were just finishing their CC while Syimsyim was just starting. We agreed to meet at 5pm at the city, to go to Chermside shopping complex.

I decided to just head back home at 3:30pm to freshen up and get something to eat. I went to catch the 4:30pm bus from the bus stop in front of nandos. Saw Yunyun getting on the same bus at toowong. Yunyun and I then waited at the bus stop on adelaide street for Nabnab, to catch the 333 bus to Chermside. We'll be meeting Syimsyim at Chermside since she was actually at the hospital and thus closer to the shopping complex. There was a long and large crowd waiting, those just getting off from work and whatever activities they have been doing. The 3 of us got into the 5:15pm bus and I had to stand most of the way since busnya panuh, aduii.. Believe me when I say this, the traffic was insannneeee! It was a slow crawl rasaku, haha.. What bad timing to go to a jauh place, especially during peak hours. The supposedly 30 minutes ride took more than 50 minutes.

We met Syimsyim at the shopping complex. Kesian ia menunggu kami batah sampai, hehe.. We jalan2 keluar masuk kadai. We met with Vnessa, our former anat tutor back when we were doing our biomedical course. She is really friendly and pengelala orangnya, asking how we are doing now. Then, we continued on shop hopping. I bought a new baju for my sister and one for me, and a new pair of thongs. We stayed there until 8pm.

At the fruit and cafe deli

Chermside shopping complex

"Sihat2" buah-buahan nya ani :)

While waiting for the bus home, an interesting thing happened. We were talking among ourselves when we were slowly approached by orang putih, 2 girls and a guy, within our age range. Initially they were looking at each other as if deciding whether to talk to us or not. Dalam hati, we were expecting them to talk about some kind of charity or something. They started out asking how we were and some introductory stuff that I can't seem to remember. Then tarus2 tia becakap pasal chrstianity and their beliefs in jsus. They were also asking us if we are experiencing any problems in our life and if we do, they would gladly pray for us, telling us that they had helped a man who was bound on a wheelchair to stand after praying for him. They even claimed to have made a video recording of it They also claimed to have helped those who are doing some soul searching tia apa. . Dalam hati banyak2 plang berastagapar.. balik2 lagitu durang tanya if we need their help in praying for us.. We told them that we have no problems and are quite content masa ani. Kami gtau jua that we are muslims. After they continued their "ceramah", at last, they left us alone and we were at first speechless to what have happened. Jauh palis, apakah apakah.. Then the 333 bus to city arrived, so we boarded the bus. On the way out, I saw the 3 people again, standing around another group of people at the bus stop. Ada2 saja..

We were lucky because once we reached the city, the 412 bus for st lucia have just arrived, so we don't have to wait that long. As usual, there was along queue but we managed to get seats in the bus. We arrived home at around 9pm. Had a quick shower and I had dinner of indo mee, ramis, talur mata lembu and chicken nuggets. Ani blogging tia plang nah. Oh btw, I almost forget to mention, I learnt a new Brunei word today. Yunyun was talking about the banana she was eating which tasted "mangkal". Rupanya "mangkal" ani ertinya usulnya saja masak tapi sebenarnya nda. Mentah tah rasanya tu ah, luruskah tu pemahaman ku atu? :p Apparently, the word only applies to fruits. Hehe, oh well, sehari sepatah kata..

Gd night! :)

P.S. wanted to add more pics tapi ada error tia, huh.. ahir udah, mayb sometime soon, hehe.

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com