18 August 2008

A year older



Hello peeps! :) Another year has passed in my life, a human among the billions and trillions of those populating this earth. How fast time flies. To tell you the truth, I don't really feel that much different now that I'm a year older. Though, looking at the number, I do feel a bit old, haha.. reaching the big 20s does that to you, I guess. The prospect of having a future career, a relationship, living on your terms, being independent and a mature responsible adult, doing responsible adult things do scare you a bit, but that's the thing with growing up and learning the social responsibilities that you have in life. As you grow, you mature, you adapt, you accept, and you live life the way you want it to be, blending in with the society and trying to contribute your share in building up a happy and healthy family and social circles.

Well, living abroad has taught me to live independently of the people I love, my family. You can experience yourself being in their shoes, trying to juggle your time appropriately, setting up your own expenses, communicating with people (rental people, billing people, phone people, etc etc), and some other things that you may have taken for granted while living with them. I mean, they are the "adult" in the family, and they have taken the initiative themselves to do these for us. It was a bit hard at first, being homesick (well, not so much anymore), being in a new environment, an "amateur" in adult things. But as I said before, you learn how to deal with all these, taking up the challenge bravely, and now getting used to all these "responsible" stuff and just becoming another face in a sea of human beings. All of these transitions couldn't have gotten much better without the support of friends who are like a second family here. Not forgetting, the support of friends where ever geographical regions they are, and the family back home. Well, that's all part of growing up and leading to adulthood. There are times when it's good to loosen up and try to enjoy your life to the fullest.

Wow, I'm getting pretty serious for quite a bit there, haha. Well, it's quite a bit of a morale booster as well this morning, when some friends from PBL wrongly guessed that I am turning 21 when in fact that I am turning 23 today. "You seem younger than that!" a friend said, hehe.. bagus lah tu, haha.. After my morning PBL, went home and stayed there before heading to Hawken drive with Nabnab for dinner with Syimsyim, Yunyun and Sa'dy at Mustar's restaurant. Headed back home, and Sa'dy came over and we spent the evening doing FQs and reading.

Oh, and I would like to thank you for all the lovely birthday greetings via facebook, text msgs, MSN, in person, blogs and here. All of these made my day! :)

XOXO

Jannah

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com