31 August 2008

Spring is coming!

Spring 2006

Hello all! It's getting warmer and warmer these days, don't you think? This will be the last weekend in winter and you know what that means, don't you? Spring is coming! :) This marks the transition from winter to summer time and what else? Yes, the blossoming of beautiful flowers everywhere, giving a beautiful and calming effect and a feast to the eyes. The most common sight you would see when walking along the street here in Brisbane would be the blooming of the Jacaranda, into its full purple glory. Simply gorgeous! :) Temperatures will be ranging from 26 to as low as 14 degrees at night, I presume as what is happening right now. Ideal weather indeed.. So pack your hoodies and thick coats now folks, hehe. Spring also means the coming out of flies and other household pests as the weather is getting warmer, reaching their ultimate high during the summer time. I guess that's one of the downside of spring, as they hibernate most of the time during winter. Well, I am no pests expert but this is what I have observed for the past 2 springs here in brissy land.. hehe..

So what has been happening in my little world here in brisbane? Well, on Friday, Yunyun and I went to Chinatown again to restock our chicken and beef. I met Yunyun at city at 12:45pm after her CC and from there, we rode on the 117 bus to Chinatown. As usual, we bought our 4 kgs of chicken and some beef from Ismail's butchery. We bought some broccoli as we learned that the price has gone done from $7 to $4 a kilo! Back to its normal price, hehe..

My parents on their visit, Dec 2007

From Chinatown, we boarded on the train to Toowong and went to Coles to buy rice and some grocery items. Went home at 2:30pm. We were lucky that day since the bus and train were always on time and we did not have to wait long for their arrivals. Spent the rest of the day at home, cooked dinner and did our own things. At night, I watched Australian Idol, followed by American Dreamz, which is a movie which I have not seen before. It starred Mandy Moore and Hugh Grant, about a show called American Dreamz (similar concept to Idol, I suppose), where the contestants compete by singing and gathering votes from the public. Ok lah the movie, though I do not really really like how the movie ended, haha. I'd rate the movie, 6.5/10.

American Dreamz

On Saturday, we had a tutorial with Hsn in one of the PBL room. We discussed week 26's case on thalassemia. The tutorial started at 9am and ended at close to 11am. Yunyun, Syimsyim, Nabnab and I were there. After the 2-hour tute, I went to the Biological Science library to do some revision. At some point, there were some conversing and chit chat by a couple of people next to me, so annoying eh. If skajap, then it's ok lah, but ani ada jua 20 minit kali tu, and they were not being discrete at all. I was on the fourth floor, which is supposedly the quietest floor. If they were conversing about studies then ok lah, tapi pasal lain tah pulang, ish ish ish.. distracting! I'm sure the person on my other side was annoyed as well, since she left her seat with a grumping sound, haha.. Kalau kan bercerita batah-batah pun, they could do it at the lower levels, ish ish ish.. Thankfully, they did not stay long and I could continue on with my revision. I stayed in the library until 3pm, then went on a detour to my favourite supermarket, Coles at Hawken Drive, hehe.

Went home then cooked dinner with Yunyun. I was fasting yesterday to bayar the last day of my qada puasa. Sungkai at 5:34pm. We had ikan goreng and buttermilk chicken for dinner. At night, the River festival fireworks (Riverfire) could be heard from our home. We did not go to watch the fireworks at the city this year, so we settled in front of the tv to watch the live event. The fireworks were awesome! What makes the fireworks here amazing, is that they were synchronized to follow the music of some popular songs blasting from loud speakers, that you feel captured by the beautiful displays. After watching the fireworks, Yunyun and I decided to head to Syimsyim and Nabnab's place at 8:30pm. We watched a movie, Harold and Kumar 2: Escape from Guentanamo Bay that we got from Rahmat. I have to say that the movie is certainly for a mature audience. Funny and "selahau" hahaha.. like Syimsyim said, "baik jua balum bulan puasa.." haha.. I'm not going to give out much here, spoil tia karang, hahaha.. I'd rate the movie, 7.5/10.

Harold and Kumar 2

After watching the movie, we watched several episodes of Scrubs, which is hilarious as well. We stayed there till midnight before walking home.

Woke up quite late today.. manjakan mata, haha.. Had bread, eggs, chips and baked beans for brekkie and I did my laundry today. According to Rahmat there will be the sighting for the new Ramadhan moon today, which is probably going to be held at Mount Cootha. Kinda excited to start fasting during Ramadhan though the daily activity here will be pretty much the same. I was having a conversation with Pei yesterday about Ramadhan fasting and the difference in Brunei and Brisbane which eventually led to all the delicious food that can be found at the "gerai" Ramadhan in Brunei, leading us to a good visual place.. hahaha.. we were talking about how much I crave the colourful and delicious drinks like ABC and cendol while Pei was craving "sate" which we forgot the name of, haha, maybe "sate kura" kali the name after I asked Syimsyim namanya. My favourite sate would be sate ayam though. Nah, tais plang liurku nah, aishh, haha.. campur lagi kuah kacang nya and ketupat, waseh! (*drooling*) hehehehe.. Eh, I'm working myself up pasal all the delicious food di brunei tah nah, sia-sia pun.. :p inda apa, 2 months to go before I'm back in brunei, hehehe..

Bah, I'll be back later with the news of the Ramadhan sighting. Till then! :p

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com