28 August 2008

What a day!

Had a full day today. Woke up at 8am today and decided to attend the 9am lecture, on geriatrics medicine, which is a branch of medicine that focuses on the health of the elderly. This coincides with our case of the week which is on osteoporosis. The lecture was ok but what I enjoyed most was the video shown which was pretty funny, involving a plane landing inappropriately on a highway hitting a car driven by a funny looking guy. The guy (still stuck with the plane on top of his car) saw an incoming car driven very very slowly by an old lady heading his way and tried to avoid a collision. As the plane and the car approaches, the grandma was able to expertly maneuver her car from hitting the plane and car. The guy was relieved of that and then managed to stop the plane from moving further. From one side of the road, the grandma drove past him again, giving him the "finger", hahaha.. It was funny visually, but kinda hard to describe its funniness in words, hehehe. Guess you'll just have to be there to watch it :p

So after the lecture, I have a 2-hour break. I went to the printing shop to print my FQ, then headed to the library to do some reading. At 20 minutes to 12, I went to the PBL building for my noon PBL session. On the way, I stopped by the Chinese vendor to get some cold watermelons. As usual, the PBL on thursday involves presentations of FQs and reading the remaining triggers of the case. After the 2-hour PBL, we stayed back in the room since we'll be having our CSS (communication skills) tutorial session at 2:30pm.

We moved to a larger room which has a large projector one level below for our CSS. During the session, we reviewed the videos that we had previously recorded, each presented with a variety of cases. Since these things are usually time consuming, we only managed to get through about 6 videos today. I didnt get to show mine this session, so the remaining videos will be shown during the next session next week. So, spare my embarrassment of seeing myself doing history taking this week, haha.. In a way, I was actually hoping to just review my video this week, just to get it over and done with but due to time constraints, what can one do, hehe.. We finished the session by 4:45pm. I was really tired by the end of it and hungry too since I have not eaten a proper meal since lunch. I headed home and arrived at 5pm. I was just going to rest my eyes for a bit but ended up falling asleep on my bed for an hour, haha..

For dinner, we cooked on our own, so I had chicken burger and wedges while watching Make Me a Supermodel on tv. Australian Idol was playing at the same time, arghh! Both are my favourites so I have to switch the channel back and forth, but I spent most of the time watching the Supermodel programme. I didnt really get to watch a lot of idol since the adverts were playing almost at the same time as well! Ish ish ish.. hehehe.. The Make Me a Supermodel Australia is a new programme on tv and is being hosted by Jennifer Hawkins (former Miss World) and Tyson Beckford, one of the hottest male model in America. I enjoyed the show a lot, and it's quite different from America's Next Top Model, since the contestants are a mix of guys and girls and that the public get to cast their votes on who they would want to stay in the show. From the show, you can see that many of them are already displaying model like qualities and managed to get great pictures of themselves taken.

Jennifer Hawkins

Tyson Beckford

We'll see how the show progresses.. :) Alrightey then, I guess that's all for tonight!

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com