15 July 2008

And the crown goes to...

Today is the Sultan of Brunei's 62nd Birthday. That means lots of celebrations, fireworks and "cucul" on the roads and near the palace. And you know what else? The much anticipated "padang keramaian" which I would truly miss in going. I know it's pretty much the same each year, tapi siuk jua, sometimes you see something nice that you would want to get, and don't forget all the good cheap food that you could buy, like sotong tutuk which jarang kan tejumpa and all the "mata kucing" that the vendors would promote, shouting out the prices, in competition with each other, "Bah, $3, $3 sekilo! Bali-bali, banyak murah!" hehehe.. Inda plang ku ingat brapa sekilo, well, hypothetically lah tu.. Baruku notice, usually, waktu waktu keramaian macam ani tah yg banyak bejual mata kucing ah..hmm.. I'm not really a fan plang, hehe.. Banyak tah bejual all these toys untuk kanak2, especially yang paling popular, are those glowing things, mcm kana jadikan bangles tia apa.. you know what I mean, hehe..

Kalau masa ku damit-damit dulu, selalu tu kana bawa main ke padang sir muda di bandar, main bula tia, sama my boy cousins..hehe.. Ani dui ma, basar2 udah ani, nada ku tekabir kan belusir2 haha and nda jua lagi sais kan ikut bemain, hahaha.. This year since our holidays were only 3 weeks and unfortunately, it did not coincide with the Sultan's birthday celebration, miss tah ku nda ikut celebrate di brunei. Last year, sampat lagi tu ke sana with my family and friends. The thing with going to the padang keramaian, is the fact that you could watch some interesting characters, and selalunya iatah tampat betamunya dengan orang2 or saudara2 yg jarang dijumpai, while at the same time quenching your taste buds with all the good food like satay and ketupat (sia2 pun!).

And don't forget the fireworks! Masa damit, iatah excited banar ni kan meliat. Tapi macam banar, kalau usulnya ampir bunga api atu, takut tia jua, haha.. Atu masa dulu lah, ani udah basar panjang ani (pendek in my case, hehehe), nda plang lagi takut, hahaha..

Bah, enough with the reminiscing already! Tapi kadang2, siuk jua mengenangkan kenangan2 dulu atu, hehe.. Bah, bhapa saja ku since yesterday? Well, seperti biasa, bangun awal for my PBL. Ahir ku dtg sikit, sengajaku plang tu, haha.. After PBL, I went to Toowong, kan tanya2 sal my phone atu tapi still no news. I called the Lost property section untuk train services jua, and alum durang tejumpa jua. I gave them my details, and nanti kan ku call lagi esuk lusa, to check if it will turn up. Oh well, I'm still hoping..

Then I went to Coles for some groceries before heading home. I didn't go to the afternoon lectures, ndaku bemood, so instead I started on my FQ. The other 3 gals pun nda masuk lecture since nda brapa siuk topicnya. Yunyun and I went to S&N's place where we spent time doing our FQs and discussing a bit on this week's case. We had dinner together then watched Miss Universe 2008 arah channel 7 at 10:30pm. One of the host is a Spice Girl, Mel B. I was a bit surprised with that. We were rooting for Miss Colombia to win the title but eventually Miss Venezuela was crowned as the 2008 Miss Universe. Well, based on the last round of Q & A, we think that she does deserve to win after all, hehe. Yang kesian nya is Miss USA, who actually fell during the ball gown competition, but she bravely stood back and smiled to the crowd despite the embarrassment. Nda salahku ada arah youtube kana show ia gugur atu. Ada2 saja, hehe..



Here's a youtube video when the winner was announced last night



Today, I went to the morning lecture.. and menyasal ku dtg. Most of the stuff ada arah lecture notes udah. Then went to my histo practical with Yunyun, Syimsyim and Nabnab. After prac, we went to the physio refectory to get something to eat before heading to the library. At 1pm, Nabnab and I went to the anatomy prac. Sejam kami saja di sana, lapas atu cabut! haha.. I went to the library and stayed there sampai 5pm, before heading home.

Well then, that's enough rambling for tonight..

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com