31 July 2009

Roslan's Wedding: Menghantar Berian & Akad Nikah

Today is my cousin (from my dad's side), Abg Roslan's akad nikah ceremony. We gathered at his family residence in Katok for a Doa Selamat before heading to the bride's house in Lambak for the Menghantar Berian ceremony followed by the Solemnization ceremony or Akad Nikah. It has been quite a while since the last time that I have participated in carrying the "gangsa" from the Groom's house to the Bride's house. My cousins and I were assigned to carry the gangsa and the gangsa-carriers got into a rented bus together, to bring us to the Bride's house, followed by the groom's entourage. It was fun riding along the bus together while being very careful with each of our loads, hehe. As we reached our destination, we 'queued' up according to the numbers of our gangsa, hehe. Fortunately, there were no embarrasing incidents as we managed to bring the gangsa into the house without tripping, haha. We watched as the Akad Nikah proceeded without a hitch. After the Akad Nikah, we had to carry 21 gangsa back, bearing gifts from the Bride to the Groom. It was a great but a tiring day all in all, hehe.

The 17 gangsa bearing gifts from the Groom to the Bride

One of the gangsa with The Quran, encased in a beautiful silver case

The traditional Kain Jong Sarat in one of the gangsa

Telekung wrapped beautifully

The gangsa that I carried! :)

Muni and I, with our cousins, Kaka Ijah, Siti, Kaka Diana. :) The theme: Maroon.

Some of my aunties, Babu Usnah, Tangah Hjh Sura and Amit Hjh Normah

Muni, Mama, Lina and Liza

In the bus! :D

Once we arrived at the Bride's residence.. Waiting for the head of the Groom's entourage.

The ceremony begins... The groom's side

The bride's side

The father of the groom

Say cheese! :D

The groom, Abg Roslan, anxiously waiting hehe

Akad Nikah

The happy couple/newlyweds :D

My sister and me. On the bus, on our way back, hehe

The gangsa from the Bride

One of the gangsa

I will post up more photos on facebook soon! :D

Gd night! :D

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com