15 July 2009

Cucul Sightings around BSB

Last night, on the eve of His Majesty's birthday, my sister and I decided to check out the cucul displays around Bandar. We went to Yayasan Complex to park the car. It has been a while since I visited Yayasan. After browsing some of the shops, we then decided to walk by foot around Bandar to take in the amazing light displays. I have missed some of the royal birthday celebrations when I was still in Brisbane, and so it was with a giddiness that we explored the town. We walked around to the Padang which was closed last night to the Royal Regalia building, taking pictures on the way haha. We walked back then headed to the area around Tamu Kianggeh which was also beautifully lit with cuculs. We also made a pit stop at DQ for some shakes before heading back to Yayasan. We spent over an hour walking around. There weren't that many people about. We had so much fun relaxing and sight seeing, but our feet were sore after the walk, haha, ketara nda fit. Oh well.. :p

The magnifient Masjid Omar Ali Saifuddien

Buildings ladened with cucul

The highways in Bandar, near the Padang, filled with sparkling lights

The famous intersection in Bandar

While waiting to cross the street.. :p

My sister :)

One of the 'gerbangs' hehe. So beautifully lit up!

Beautiful!

Royal Regalia building

One of the buildings looking very colourful

My sister & me :)

The entrance to the Padang and the mosque in the background

Another part of the town

Brunei flags

Tamu Kianggeh :)

Sungai Kianggeh

Resting for a while hehe

At DQ, Bandar :)

New statues near Tambing.. Baruku notice hehe

I'll probably post more photos on facebook soon, if rajin, heheh :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com