07 July 2009

Musings - If I were a superhero

So I had this really really silly dream last night. The details are quite fuzzy like most of my dreams usually are. As we slip into consciousness, the memories of the dreams would usually slip away and we are left with a few snippets of objects and places. And as you know, the dreams do not seem to flow with one another and sometimes are so silly that they do not even make any sense haha.

Source: fanpop.com

From what I can remember, I dreamed that I was a superhero. And the funny thing was that, I was wearing a Sailormoon outfit, with a cape, hahaha. However, I don't remember the colour of the outfit. I guess this has something to do with my recent readings of the sailormoon manga. Oh well. I know that there are some people in my dream whom I don't remember. I think I was jumping around or running on the streets. In another scene, I went into a posh shop in the middle of a battle, haha. Sampat lagi tuuu... and I noticed that the clothes sold are very cheap. Supaya laku kali tu ah, since it was in the middle of a battle :P. I was trying out this long beige sparkly cardigan which has a price tag of $5.50, which is very very cheap heheh... weird.. sampai pricenya pun ku ingat heheh. Those are the snippets that I can still remember.

I was really curious so I checked the net for dream interpretations. Saja-saja heheh. You can see that I have plenty of time to spare haha. Here's a really good website. I looked for the meanings of certain themes or objects in their dream dictionary, heheh. This is what it says for 'superhero'.

"To dream that you are a superhero, represents your above-average talents, ideas and other hidden abilities that you may not realise you possessed."

I wonder what that means. Hidden abilities? Only time will tell, hahaha. Then I looked for 'cloth'.

"To see cloth in your dream, represent components and various pieces that composes your life. Consider the colour for significance in the outlook or how things are going on in your life."

"To dream that you are wearing brand new clothes, signifies new attitudes and a new persona. You are finding a different way of expressing yourself. If the price tags are still attached to the clothes, then it suggests that you are trying hard to adapt to this new attitude. Perhaps it is not who you really are and you are not quite fitting in."

"To dream that you are shopping for or buying clothes, represents your anxieties about trying to fit in or being 'well-suited' for your changing role."

Hmm, I wonder what these new attitudes are. I am not going to ponder these seriously but they are all very interesting ey. Heheh

Now, back to the subject of superheroes, I wonder what powers that I would like to possess if I were a superhero. Here are some stuffs that I came out with, ahem *clears throat*.

If I were a superhero:

1) I want to have the power to fly. If I could fly, I would love to go to other countries and continents for impromptu holidays. If I get stressed, I could just fly there to relax my mind, and go skiing in Colorado, or go to the top of Mt. Everest ( so I can claim that I am the first Bruneian to do that, haha) or go swimming in the Pacific ocean (of course I need to wear a drowning-proof swim suit since I can't swim, hahaha, errrr.. superhero apa ni ah haha). Of course I would bring along my passport and travel documents since I do not want to become a pendatang haram, hahaha... The benefit is that transport will be free and faster.

Hmmm, come to think of it, a magic carpet would be nice to own as well.. just in case I get tired and cold (if I were to fly in stormy weather) and the magic carpet would be equipped with cool controls and safety belts (since I am terrified that I might fall off and plunged to my death haha, superheroes need to be prepared with that too, you know, hahaha) and it will be stocked with enough food, clothing and anything you could possibly need, coming from a mini-sized drawer of some sort (just like a Doraemon pocket). If I could not get a magic carpet, hmmm, maybe a broom would be nice too.. (how many superheroes use brooms as a means of transportation for flying?) and no, not the tacky ones, I want something cool like a Firebolt or a Nimbus 2000, heehee. Ah and of course, the most important thing is that, if I could fly, it would be easier for me to fight my arch nemesis in a battle to bring peace to the world, like how any good old stereotypical superhero would do, heh *smirks*.

2) I want to time travel. If I could time travel, I would need a mad scientist to guide me as well as to invent cool superhero stuffs. I had this idea from watching the night at the museum movie that, I would bring a lamp, or mobile phone or a laptop along when I time travel to the past when those things are yet to be invented. So I can claim that I am the first person to ever invent those things in the past time period and then become very rich and famous, hahaha.... and of course, to fight evil to bring peace to the world... of course.. heh :P

3) I want to have the power of teleportation. Why didn't I think of this earlier?! I wouldn't have gone on and on about why flying would be a good power to possess. This would have been much better, ey? But come to think of it, I would reconsider and would still want to have the ability to fly although teleportation could get me anywhere in a matter of seconds (I assume that's how long it takes to teleport - see the movie Jumper hehe). Ohhh, here's an idea! I will only fly when I need to exercise! Yes, yes, yes, that's a good idea, you'd say. Flying requires a lot of energy than teleportation. I mean, it couldn't be that easy to balance your body (usually horizontal) up in the air and to put your right arm pointing forward like superman does, all the time, couldn't it? Hahaha... Well, if my right arm is tired, I could easily switch to my left and vice versa. I need to be in a cool superhero fighting stance all the time right.. Yup, that's settled then. Flying only when I need a few kilos to burn and teleportation in most times and emergencies, heheh.

Source: fanpop.com

4) I want to have super elasticity like Elastigirl in the Incredibles. Might increase my chances of joining the Olympics.. Hahahaha... yes, a girl can dream... :P

So if you were to have any superpowers, what are they?

Now, that's a fun subject to write about. Macam membuat karangan skulah masa dulu plang rasanya hehehe. Remember the common ones, like "Saya Sebuah Kereta", "Saya Sebatang Pensel" or "Diri Saya". Such good memories, hehe.

Right.. oh and also, here are the answers to the riddles that I posted yesterday:

Highlight the areas within the brackets and you will see the answers! :)

Riddle 1: [ A watermelon! ]

Riddle 2: [ Charcoal! ]

Riddle 3: [ Fire! ]

Alright then, that's all for my Tuesday afternoon musings hehe. Don't mind my sometimes overactive imaginations haha. :P


Lofty Dreams funny picture
Have a Twitter? Get some new Twitter Backgrounds


0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com