15 September 2008

Once upon a time

Ramadan Day 15
Sungkai: 5:41pm


Hello peeps! What have you guys been up to these past few days? Me? Not so much.. We are now halfway through our Ramadan fast, believe it or not. I am now used to not eating during the day though that does not stop my stomach from making a few embarrassing grumbling sound every now and then, hehe.. especially when you are there talking with your tutor seriously in a quiet room and you just have to act nonchalantly as if nothing is amiss, haha.. Hmm, some of my PBL mates surprisingly tau pasal Ramadan ani, while some have no idea what it is all about. Ada jua curious betanya brapa lama puasa ani, (sebulan nyangku), and ada jua betanya if bulih minum air saja (I said no), ada jua bepikir that we always have a feast makan-makan after the fast masa malam tiap-tiap malam (haha! atu cali :p) and ada jua kind enough (though jokingly) to offer to call the ambulance if I ever fainted in class during the day! hahaha.. ada2 saja.

On Friday, I had a clinical ward visit at RBH hospital with my CC mates. Since Yunyun pun ada coaching at the same time, we went to RBH together. We met Hsn who was on her way to another hospital jua at the bus stop arah St Lucia. We arrived at the hospital early but we went our separate ways since kami arah different buildings. Since it was still early, so I decided to hang out at the hospital library kajap to revise the neurological exam that we were taught last week atu. At close to 10am, I went to the right floor to meet up and wait with my CC mates for our tutor yang masa atu masuk ke ward mencarikan patient untuk kami. Our ward visit this time arah neurology ward. The 4 of us were then split into 2 groups, c Alex with MC while Aileen with me. The guys practise history taking with a patient while us girls practise the neuro exam on a patient with the guidance of our tutor. Patient kami dapat atu was really sweet and cooperative, though sometimes I have to admit that ada jua nda ku brapa faham cakapnya. The thing is, ia ada stroke, iatah one side of his body was really weak and ia ada loss of sensation to that side. Iatah, cara ia becakap pun affected, iatah misti kami dangar banar2 to faham what he was trying to say. Pronounciationnya nda brapa "bulat" nya orang brunei. Orang putih bulih faham lah lagi tu since bahasa durang kan, hehe.. Kami sorang2 practise arah the patient, then datangtah the guys to join kami in the examination. We stayed in the ward sampai 12 lalu before balik.

From the ward visit, I went to catch the bus to city and jalan2 di sana before heading home. That afternoon, Syimsyim and Nabnab came over since kami kan sungkai together. We had nasi lemak for sungkai. At night, we watched the Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Siuk jua lah the movie, though there wasn't as much excitement as the first two movies. Sama mengapa the girl yang belakun jadi wifey c Brendan F di sana orang lain? The chemistry between the two was alright but not as much with the previous actress atu. Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh pun ada belakun jua, bagus lah jua lakunan durang. Compared to the first two Mummy movies, I'd rate the movie 7.5/10.


On Saturday, we had a tutorial with Hsn. We discussed the cases of weeks 27 and 28. We were done by noon. Yunyun, Syimsyim, Nabnab and I then headed to the library to do some revision and reading. I stayed there until 3pm then headed home. At home, looking at my increasing pile of used clothes, I did my laundry, haha.. Lapas sungkai, buat kraja sendiri2. That night I watched a movie yang ada ku download last year and alum teliat2 haha. I actually forgot that it is there. Do you guys remember cerita "The cave of the golden rose"? It was my all time favourite dulu when I was a kid. I would watch it arah Sunday Matinee tv Brunei. I think dulu kana mainkan masa tahun 90an cematu though ndaku ingat exact yearnya. It consists of a film series, five movies to be exact. Ada ku tejumpa arah Veoh, but only Movie 1 and 2 saja ada ku tejumpa, with english subtitles.


It is an Italian fantasy movie, in a fairytale world, with princesses, princes, kings, wizards, witches and talking animals. In the first movie we are introduced to the main character, Fantaghiro, who is the youngest of the 3 princesses born to a warrior king. She is rebellious and adventurous, and goes against the social norms of a woman in her kingdom, such as learning to read, which infuriates her king father. When an invitation was sent by the rival king Romualdo to end the long century war between the two kingdoms, Fantaghiro, in disguise went to accept the challenge as a chance to prove herself. Eventually Romualdo and Fantaghiro fell in love. Lawa lah the story line atu. Ada plang lagi, tapi ani kirakan sinopsis ceritanya lah. Dulu I used to have a crush on the handsome king Romualdo, haha. The story goes on and continues to the next few movies. I only remember some bits and pieces of the rest of the movies iatah nanti kan mencari tah ku lagi the rest of the movies. Ani baruku teliat the first movie since it took 3 hours to meliat atu saja, haha..

Fantaghiro

King Romualdo

A Youtube video of the movie


On Sunday, woke up quite late, hehe. I did some reading then continue meliat the cave of the golden rose movie. Halfway saja ku baru liat the night before. At 4 something, Yunyun and I went to Syimsyim and Nabnab's place for sungkai. We had nasi ayam, nyaman durang masak, thank you kamu! hehe.. At night, we watched Australian Idol followed by a movie, Tropic Thunder. Ndaku brapa kesiukan that movie. We only managed to watch it halfway before terzone out sorang-sorang, haha.. Usulnya macam a guy flick, nda sais untuk kami bini2 meliat haha.. We stayed there until 10:30pm before heading home.

Today, I had an 8am PBL. Seperti biasa discuss summaries and buat past paper questions. We had a new case lagi of Stroke this week. I was the scriber tadi, jadi tukang tulis of the case on the board as we discussed the triggers of the case. We habis PBL at 11am. Went to the library to start on my FQ, which is on Cranial nerves, its nuclei and pathways. Banyak cranial nerves ani, ada 12 kan di hafalkan, ish ish ish.. From the library, I went to the afternoon lecture tadi. On the way, tejumpa c Nabnab, Syimsyim and Rahmat lapas habis PBL durang. After the lecture, Nabnab, Syimsyim, Yunyun and I went to Coles di Hawken drive. Tais liurku kan milk shake so bali bahan nya tadi as well as other essentials. Sungkai kami masak sendiri2, so I had Alfredo pasta and cheesy fries for sungkai. Watched the result show for Australian Idol and the 2nd episode of 90210 while continuing buat my FQ. It's just half way done masa ani, macam banyak, aish.. hehe.. Oh well. Esuk saja tah ku sambung lagi, letih udah. It has been a long day.

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com