03 September 2008

Bikes, headaches, fatty burgers

Ramadan Day 3
Sungkai: 5:36pm


Today I woke up at close to 10am. Actually sadar plang udah ku awal, but I snoozed my alarm quite a few times that eventually I fell asleep again and again, haha. Baik jua ada Val sent me a text msg telling us the whereabouts of our tutorial which is supposed to start at 10am. That woke me up, so I had a quick shower and sent Val a text msg telling her that I will be a little late for the tute. I don't have to worry about breakfast so after sudah bersiap, I was on my way to uni. It was quite a warm day. While I was walking along the pathway near the football field, ada tia kedangaran bunyi dari belakangku ani, "Tut tuttt! Tut tutt! Tut tutt! Tut tutt!" shouted out by a cheery voice. I turned around and rupanya ada dua orang putih riding on bikes trying to get pass. "Sorry! No bells! hehe" she shouted, then smiled and cycled ahead.

I wonder if I still know how to ride bikes. I mean I used to ride when I was a kid with my mates from next door. Do you guys remember your first bike? I remember my first bike to be a purple BMX. As a newbie, it has the extra, small training wheels at the back. That's how I learn to ride. After getting comfortable with that, the training wheels were removed, and then the hard part came. Steadying yourself on the 2 wheels, and learning how to balance your weight while cycling. All these came with determination and free will. After a few scraps and bruises (haha!) and weeks(?) of practice, I managed to balance myself on the bike. What joy! hehehe.. Before you know it, I got to ride down the hills and grassy areas macam orang pandai banar, hehe.. Though these came with parental warnings to be careful of any cars and drains, hehe.. I wonder when I actually stopped riding bikes. I guess when you have other new interests that you would like to try such as roller skating and roller blading, you spend less time on it. And when puberty strikes, nda tah lagi berapa main lagi. It's been years now since I actually rode on a bike. Antah pandai kah nda masih tu, hehehe.. Some of the adult bikes has quite high seats which do not fit well with my short self, haha.. We'll see lah.. :p

So before I got side tracked in memory land, as I was saying tadi, I was on my way to uni kan. I arrived ahir to the tute which was held in one of the clinical coaching room. We discussed the musculoskeletal weeks until noon. Then I went to another clinical coaching room for my CC session at 12:30pm. We are starting a new system today which was on the Neurological system. This week's session was on the history taking of the system. Rupanya ada banyak different types of head aches ani such as tension headaches and migraine. Kalau "tension headaches" ani, it usually occurs late in the day, and ada kerasahan macam ada "squeezing" or "tight" sensation across the front of the head. Selalunya intensity (kesakitan) nya moderate which comes and goes over a prolonged period of time, sampai kadang-kadang bejam-jam. Kalau "migraine", usually kana described as a "throbbing, pounding" pain (kanyat-kanyat nya orang brunei, hehe, lurus kah nda tu :p) and selalunya arah one side of the head saja. They can last from 4 hours to 3 days and usually occurs about 1 to 4 times a month. Usually, migraine ani datang with feeling of nausea or vomiting; sensitive to light, noise or odours; visual changes macam penglihatan kabur; loss of appetite and abdominal pain or stomach upset. Nya tutor, migraine ani bulih terjadi because of heat, dehydration (kurang air), stress and a lot of other factors. Migraine can also run in the family. That was an interesting session lah tadi atu. We also practice doing history taking with each other with the guidance of the tutor.

Masa coaching atu jua, one of my mates was talking about this new burger yang baru kana introduced by one of the major fast food here. The introduction of the burger has received a lot of critics. It's the first one of its kind burger di sini. Usulnya basar burger atu. Apa inda, the hamburger contains about 71g fat, 34.7g of saturated fat and has a 4520kJ and over 1000 calories. Very fatty indeed! Eating that burger would mean eating more than half of a women's daily recommended daily intake as reported by an article. As quoted from one of my mates tadi atu, "That's like MI on a plate!"..haha.. Awu banar, risk of MI (heart attack/serangan jantung) would increase with all that fatty food. Cerita pasal burger ani sampai jadi bahan sensasi even dalam news tadi ani bah, hehehe.. Ada-ada saja eh..

We ended CC at 2:45pm. I went to the library skajap before heading home at 3:15pm. Nada ku bemood kan revise tadi atu. For sungkai today, we had mee sup ayam. Watched Idol lagi tadi. Sa'dy came over jua tonight. Tomorrow's going to be a long day for me. Bah.

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com