08 September 2008

First week of Ramadan

Ramadan Day 8
Sungkai: 5:38pm


Hello all! So what have you guys been doing? My weekend was pretty much so so, the only highlight was the Ramadan Bazaar held on Saturday. Other than that, I spent most of the time at home, so that did not really prompt me to blog anything, hehe.

On Friday, I spent the day at home, doing my mechanism summary for this week's case, which was on slipped disc, resulting in lower back pain on the patient. Boring lah ku di rumah saja, haha..

On Saturday, woke up quite late, sama jua weekend kan, hehe. Spent the afternoon continuing on my mechanism summary lagi, then Yunyun and I went to Coles at Toowong to buy some groceries. We went home at around 4pm, deposited our groceries at home, before heading to Bluehouse, where a mini Ramadan Bazaar was held at 4pm onwards. The event was organized by our 2nd year med seniors. Macam-macam ada.. dari nasi lemak ayam, begedil, roti john, tart telur, etc. I bought nasi lemak ayam, begedil and roti john for sungkai. Ramai jua orang Brunei datang to the Bazaar. After spending quite some time di sana, Yunyun and I headed to Syimsyim and Nabnab's place for sungkai.

At night, we watched the Saturday night movies that were playing on tv, Freaky Friday and Pretty Woman. Lama udah nda ku liat Freaky Friday, skali plang ganya, tapi cali jua masih, hehe. Pretty Woman played next. I have to admit that I have not watched this movie before, padahal famous, hehe. It was siuk rupanya, cerita romantic comedy, lakunan Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. I'd rate the movie 8/10.



We stayed there sampai ahir then walked back home.

On Sunday, slept in lagi. My summary siap sudah, iatah nada rasanya kan dibuat. Keboringan berabis ku masa sunday atu. No exciting stuff happening, just stay dirumah saja. Malam liat Idol lagi, seperti biasa, haha.. then prepare myself untuk presentation of the summary the next day.

Today, I had to get up early. Awalku bangun, around 6:30 cematu. Walked to uni for my 8am PBL session. Our tutor was away today, so a substitute tutor was present. Baik jua dapat tutor yang bisai tadi atu, very friendly as well. So we started with my presentation tadi atu. Mostly nya ku draw and tulis plang arah the whiteboard, suruh durang jawap the drawings and fill in the blanks on the whiteboard, then barutah we went through everything and tanya if they have any questions kah apa. That way, it'll be more interactive. It went well, I think, hehe, baik jua.. This week's case is nerve lesion from a penetrating wound. I think yang kana yang ulnar nerve kali tu, hehe. The patient was also drunk on presentation to the emergency room, so we also discussed alcohol effects on wound healing, the protocol on dealing with drunks jua, etc.

I remember that ada my CC tutor have previously mentioned in one of our session that on Friday and Saturday nights, the emergency room is always full of intoxicated people, sampai cedera due to macam-macam reasons. Masa malam2 atu tah durang selalu sibuk tu nya. To make sure that nada head injuries apa, they have to undergo CT scan. Iatah nya, kadang-kadang, ada jua orang yang mukanya durang kilala, malar kan almost every week datang ke emergency room in their drunken state. Atu pun, kan almost every week tah durang kana bagi CT scan atu. Wah, imagine all the radiation that they are exposed to! hahaha.. Macam-macam bah nya, hehe.

So after PBL which lasted less than 3 hours, I went to the printing shop to buy additional internet quota, before heading to the library to start on my FQ. My FQ this week is on central nerves system and peripheral nervous system. I think it was now half way done baru. I met Nabnab in the library jua tadi. I stayed in the library until almost 2pm before heading to the lecture theater for the afternoon lectures with Syimsyim, whom I met on the way. The first lecture was an anatomy lecture. Ok lah, hehe. The second lecture was on nerve conduction and generation. Batah the lecturer atu stay on one slide, baik jua ia becali, kalau nda, kalat mata udah, haha.. After the second lecture, balik tah kami since it was already 4pm. Ada lagi plang one lecture which abis pukul 5 tapi since sama jua lecturernya atu, and ijap kami ahir abis, so we went home. We cooked for sungkai lapas atu. Watched Idol lagi tonight. The final 12 contestants have been chosen tonight. The next show will be on sunday night, so since ani peminat setia, bah misti tah meliat tu nanti, hehe.. After Idol, the series premier of the new 90210 ada main. I was curious to watch it, with all the buzz going on about the show. I did not actually follow the old 90210 programme dulu, so kirakan newbie tah ku tu. But the new 90210 ani, focusnya banyak nya on new characters. The verdict.. Siuk!! :) the show focuses on the rich kids of Beverly Hills, with their expensive cars and clothes.. A lot of drama, back stabbing, jealousy and high school cliques.. and that's just from watching 1 episode! The premier was on for 2 hours tadi atu. I will definitely watch it again next week, haha..

The old 90210

Bah, atu tah saja for tonight.

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com