15 March 2009

We've Got a Monkey Situation

Just a quick post here.. hehe

So this morning while I was ironing my scarf to get ready to go to another wedding, suddenly I heard my mother's shouts. I can hear her shouting from the kitchen downstairs from the room where we kept the ironing board upstairs. My heart began to beat much faster and I stopped my ironing. I switched off the iron then ran downstairs to the kitchen to see what was happening.

My dad was there first and they were making these 'shushing' sounds (like the sounds where you tried to get a cat to go away from you, hehe). I asked them, "Mengapa eh? Ijapku mendangar bunyi kita beteriak tadi atu. Mana tau ada papa.." Then my mom said, " Ambuk! Ada ambuk tadi dua ekong masuk ke dalam, makin berani ambuk ani masuk ke rumah orang.."

Hahaha.. This is the first time that we ever experienced this in our home. Apparently, according to my mom, she was just walking into the kitchen when she saw these two monkeys hanging out by the sink, eating some leftover rice in the drainer in the kitchen sink! My mom immediately shouted in her surprise, and the monkeys, seeing her and listening to her cries were so shocked that they scrambled to get away from the open window, leaving trails of dirt and rice on the sink and counter.

I know that we have monkeys in the small forest in our backyard and they never really got the guts to actually go into the house before this. We have some mango trees and we know that the monkeys would usually eat them, so there is no point of enjoying the fruits of our own 'tanaman' hahaha.. If we were lucky, we would pick up the mango in their unripe state, haha..

So my dad advised us to never leave the kitchen windows open now when there is no one around in the kitchen, hehe.. It could happen again, haha..

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com