18 March 2009

Shipped Stuff finally here!

I received a call from the shipping company, acting as the agent, on Saturday regarding the shipment of my stuff from Brisbane to Brunei. It arrived last Saturday night but I won't be able to get them since I have to wait for the stuff to be unloaded first. Apparently I have to wait for a few days before I can go to the port to retrieve them. It was my first time in shipping stuff, so I am not so familiar with the procedure hehe. My dad rented a pick up truck to get the stuff on Monday but we have to postpone the rental to Wednesday since my stuff will only be ready today. I have waited for almost 40 days for the shipment to finally arrive in Brunei.

We have to pay the shipping company the fright delivery charges which is about $148. I guess this depends on how much stuff you have. So this morning, my dad and I went to the Muara port. We asked the rental truck driver to wait while we organise some stuff. We met Val and her dad so we went to organise the procedures together. It's not as easy as I thought it would be. We have to fill in the declaration form at the main office, then our dads have to get passes for the cars to be allowed in the port and the warehouses where our shipped goods are stored in. Apparently, females are not allowed into the port, so Val and I have to wait outside while our dads went in while driving the car.

To take the stuff, they have to be equipped in a safety attire, so my dad and Val's dad have to go to another building to borrow the port construction safety jacket and a hard hat before entering the restricted port and warehouses area. The image of my dad in a hard hat is so funny! He said that he did not know that he has to go through all this stuff just to get a few boxes, haha. My dad wanted the rental pick up truck driver to ride the truck in with him but the Indian driver was not allowed to go in by the officials since he was not safely attired (he was wearing sandals) so my dad has to drive the truck into the port himself, to get into the warehouses. Fortunately he has both Class 4 and 5 driving licenses as well, so it was alright. The rules there are very strict it seems.

So while both our dads went to retrieve our stuff from the warehouses, Val and I waited outside. Eventually they came back with the goods, and then some of our boxes were checked by the officers, before we get an okay to finally leave the Muara port. Fuh! It was certainly a lot of work, haha. Fortunately, no extra tax charges were given, hehe since most of the stuff are personal effects. They returned the borrowed safety attire, then we went back to our respective homes.

All my stuff littering the family room hehe

Pack N Send

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com