22 March 2009

Cleaning 101 for the Lazy Bum Bums

So here I am at 10:55pm sitting on my own at the dining table while I watch my mom rearranging some of the furniture and holding a broom in one hand. Hmm, it's late at night and she's sweeping! Nda ku heran... hehehe.. Well, that's how my mom is. My parents just bought a medium sized tv cabinet for the smaller tv in the living room and they were just fussing around arranging the tv and putting some stuff on it. They seemed excited doing it, so I dont dare interrupt their householdy joy. (^_^)

Hmm, now she's moving on arranging the extra table to another prospective area of the house, and doing more sweeping, hehehe. If you don't know, my mom loovveesss cleaning. She always makes sure that everything is spick and span. Well, that is one of her great traits. I believe that for her, cleaning is a joyous chore and I am not going to deprieve her of that, haha.

I am not as clean obsessed as she is, haha. Mind you, I have my moments. But I like to keep my room and stuff, reasonably clean and not be an eye sore. And, I don't go sweeping the floor at 11pm at night :p After all, she always says, "Kebersihan sebahagian daripada iman.."

So for you lazy bums out there :p , how about if we think of some things that could make cleaning more fun!

1) Think of the benefits of cleaning! = Sedap mata memandang... helps to reduce stress, you will also have a healthier and safer home.


2) For the shopaholics in you, go to the supermarket, and browse the different cleaning products. Trick your brain that you are actually browsing for bags or shoes. And have fun buying the products that excites you. Have fun trying out the products at home! :)


3) Cleaner room = less danger of tripping or breaking your neck = longer life span :D


4) If you like to sing or dance, why not do so while you are cleaning? So shake that booty while you clean the toilet bowl while singing Dancing Queen at the top of your voice. But please be considerate of your neighbours. Off tune singing may provide long term effects to the ear drums of the poor souls. :p So do this at your own risk.


5) If you plan on going on a cleaning competition as seen in the Malay film "Cuci", use the daily cleaning of your house as a "practice".


6) If you are stressed out, cleaning is a perfect solution to release your tension or anger. Pound on the pillow as hard as you like, scrub the pans like it is bottomless and scream your heart out while vacuuming so no one can hear.


Now there, these are quite interesting suggestions, I dare say. I may try no. 4 to start with hahaha. Well, I hope these suggestions are useful to you readers, haha..

Have fun cleaning! :D

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com