06 October 2009

Do you believe in ghosts?

Currently, my sister and I are hooked on Ghost Hunters. Initially we managed to catch some of the episodes on Star World but we only tuned in later on in the seasons. Recently we managed to catch the first 2 seasons on DVD and are now currently on the 3rd season. Hehe. To tell you the truth, I am not much of a horror show/movie fan but this reality show is an exception. It does not show the usual horrifying and gruesome movie make ups of the so-called 'ghosts' which can easily scare me (haha). My friends would know that, during our horror movie marathons, I would usually surround myself with pillows and usually peek through a small gap on my hands while watching the horror movies hahaha, which I know can get pretty tiresome. Or another alternative, I would lower my glasses so that the screen would be a blur, hahaha.

So anyway, back to this show, it is a reality show which focuses on a group of investigators who are called in to investigate certain homes, premises or buildings which are claimed to have certain paranormal activities. The investigations involved the usage of various electronic equipments which they believe are capable of detecting any paranormal activities such as the electronic voice phenomenon (EVP) which are used to record any disembodied voices, EMF for recording the electromagnetic fields and temperature readings. Cameras are set up at any of the hot spots. The ghost hunters, known as TAPS, will usually try to debunk any of the unusual experiences claimed by the building owners and witnesses by recreating scenarios and giving any possible explainations on events that may not actually be paranormal.

It is a very cool show in my opinion. It also does not cause me to hide behind pillows and so forth, hehe. Sometimes there are paranormal activities caught on tape such as full body apparitions, black shadows, strange noises, disembodied voices which can be creepy at times. The places they investigated are very interesting such as old hospitals, old hotels, prisons, houses, light houses and so on. Whether the investigations are credible or not, I am not sure, but it is certainly an entertaining program which I now come to enjoy very much! :)

The latest season is currently playing on Star World, on Wednesdays 10pm.

More info here.



Ghost Hunters
Source: fanpop.com

Here's a video from you tube on some of the best evidences that the TAPS team managed to catch on tape. Enjoy! :)



Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com

P.S I've just created this new signature which I spent an hour or so on that I'm going to use to end my posts from now on. (memang nada kraja bah, haha)

blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com