21 January 2010

Ambuyat-ing

Late this afternoon, we went to have Ambuyat at Aminah Ariff as an early dinner. They do always make the best Ambuyat! Ambuyat is made from sago, which is extracted from the rumbia tree. A pair of 'candas' is twirled around the concoction to make a ball of ambuyat and then dipped onto special sauce. My ball of ambuyat is always small, as I can never swallow those large portions that old people usually make! Hehe. I guess in a way it is to prevent myself from any self-induced choking incidents, haha, and I prefer to twirl it to a smaller shape so as not to lose the taste of the sauce as I swallow them. Nyum!

Mom and Dad

Ambuyat and delicious side dishes

Brunei cuisine: Steaming hot Ambuyat

After the meal

Feeling full! sengihnampakgigi

Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com

blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com