10 June 2008

From Brunei, With Love

Hello everyone! :) I’m back in Brunei now. And as you can see, posting will not be as regular now that I’m back, hehe. The weather is quite hot here at the moment as would be expected, it is usually hot during the day but rains most nights since I got back.

Hmm, where do I leave off the last time? My last post was last Thursday. So let’s start off my little tale from Friday shall we? :p Friday was declared as the last-minute-shop-till-you-drop day, haha.. there, there, I was just exaggerating a little, hehehe.. So, I woke up at 8am I think, nda ku brapa ingat.. The plan for the day was to go to DFO at the Airport branch, then to the city later since city opens till late on Fridays. Yunyun and I were on our way by 9:30am. We got off at toowong, then boarded the train at Toowong station and then reached Toombul station 30 minutes later. We made our way to the Toombul bus stop, but to our dismay, we have to wait for another 25 minutes for the 308 bus to get us to DFO. We just missed the bus by 5 minutes! Ish ish ish.. nda apa, banyak masa lagi hehe.. I was bored, so I took some pics..while Yunyun read a book.

Toombul bus station

The bus came, so then we were on our way to DFO. Once there, we made a pact to meet up at 1pm near DFO entrance, since our phone credits langsung habis haha.. So, “jalan jalan cari barang” tah kami.. Belurih jua some stuff for my family and myself, haha.. Ada jua some kadai on sale jua.. I met c Azm and Yil while shopping, nda lagi ku nampak tu awalnya, asikk supping, hehe, rupanya ada udah c Yil lambai2 dari jauh.. We stayed there until 1pm then Yunyun and I returned back to the bus stop. We didn’t have to wait long for the bus to come. From Toombul bus stop, we got onto the bus to city.. Batah bus ride nya atu, banyak masuk kawasan kampong rupanya, baik plang pakai train saja tu balik.. Finally, we reached city. Yunyun went straight to Krispy Kreme but since I’m short of cash, so I went to find the nearest ATM dulu. Lapas atu ada tia 2 orang ani (Syimsyim and Nabnab) membuat prank call, hahaha.. Ndaku kilala suara durang ani wah.. hahaha, cawie cawiee.. The display screen on my phone showed private number, ku pikir tah org brunei, panya durang pakai tlepun rumah.. eh, sneaky! :p C Nabnab plang yang beckp on the phone.. hebat hebat, took me a while to figure out siapa haha.. Katanya, ia c B.S ani, agent arah Premier, tapi heranku ia menelipun aku, since aku nda pun bali flight tiket arah Premier, haha, ada2 saja wah durang ani :p

Anyhuu, lps atu, I went to queue arah Krispy Kreme. Sampai sekarang ani, masih lagi panjang queue nya sampai keluar kadai, nda pandai tuhus, ish ish ish.. I was hoping for free samples to be given while waiting, but no such luck, haha.. So membalitah ku sedozen donuts untuk dibawa balik Brunei. Yunyun went home, while I stayed in the city for some minute shopping lagi. I went home 3 lalu, then at 4pm, went to Hsn and Mea’s place for cornbeef delivery, hehe.. We chatted for a while and I wished them gd luck for their upcoming exams.

Then I made my way to Syimsyim and Nabnab’s (S&N) place for early dinner.. Durang masak kan, thanks kamu.. sedappp.. hehehe.. Then Yunyun and I went back home by 6pm, while Nabnab and Syimsyim went shopping at city. Yunyun and I went on a cleaning campaign dirumah sampai semuanya squeaky clean. Nda tejaga bah our place since exams time atu. Around 9ish, Syimsyim and Nabnab came over to our place and we had some teh tarik and fruits.

After we were done with cleaning, I went to repack my stuff dalam luggage. I couldn’t really sleep, kul 1am baru mau tidur.

Saturday, woke up at 6am. 5 jam saja tidur! It was raining that morning. Showered and prepared and checked everything were ready. 8:15am, Yunyun and I carried our luggages downstairs arah the lobby to wait for the maxi taxi to arrive at 8:30am. The maxi taxi can accommodate 7-8 passengers. Sa’dy came over from across the street with her luggages, so the three of us were the first to naik the taxi. Baik jua kami awal, dpt Shotgun! duduk arah kerusi facing kedapan, hehe and not the other way around.. We made our way to Azim’s place to pick him up.. wasehh, new hair do ia.. Then we went to Mitre st to pick up Syimsyim and Nabnab. The last stop was at Rahmat’s place, who in turn sat in front with the driver. The trip to the airport took 30 minutes.

Syimsyim & Azim, and Rahmat’s “peace” hand :)

Me and Nabnab :)



Yunyun and Sa’dy :)


Rahmat :)


All our luggages, almost reaching the ceiling, 16 altogether! Haha


We reached the airport and checked in our luggages. Then we went through customs and immigration and then jalan-jalan while waiting for boarding time.


Royal Brunei Airlines, which we will be boarding on

While we were in the airport, we were surprised to see Shing there as well. Rupanya balik Brunei ia jua, hehe.. She wanted to surprise kami jua rupanya. She was with Pei as well. While waiting to board the plane, ambil gambar..

Shing, Pei and Yil

By 11:40am (delay!) we were flying on the blue sky (taduh hujan udah).. hehehe. That was probably the longest flight ever.. kerasahan batahnya eh.. 7 jam ani bah.. longer dari biasa..baik jua kami dpt seats in pairs, me and yunyun, nabnab and syimsyim. Throughout the flight, I read a magazine, main puzzles, dangar lagu, makan and mengayau arah seats durang haha.. We arrived at 5pm Brunei time (7pm Brisbane time). My family was there to greet me.. wahh, happy nya to see them after all these months.. Balik rumah, rehat2 and give them the stuffs I bought for them. Awal ku tidur malam atu, exhausted, haha

On Sunday, my Uda came over skajap to our place. Cerita2 skajap then balik tia durang. Then my family and I went to the Giant superstore.. It is huge and I have to say that kadainya atu macam style kadai di Brissy, mcm Kmart and Big W ada jua usulnya, bisai lah jua.. Dari diluar, usulnya macam DFO ani wah, parkingnya luas didapan atu..Then we went to see my grandma arah my uncle’s place. She is doing well masa ani, and the good news is that her blood glucose level is normal dah. At night, I drove to accompany my sister to antar her friend di airport. Wah, siuk rasanya, lama udah nda drive, haha.. but it was raining tah jua malam atu, so slow slow lah drive hehe.. Then, my sister and I (hmm, baik tah ku panggil ia c bulan saja di sini, haha), so c Bulan and I went to kadai Komunis.. rindu bah, meliat DVD murah hahaha.. panjang lagi kerita tu, ish ish ish.. baik jua belurih parking. We went home lps atu since it was rather late udah.

After dinner, we watched Iron Man on dvd.. Ok lah ceritanya, actually I never got to finish the movie since aku tetidur towards the end, hahaha.. Either aku nda brapa kesiukan atau andang dah timeku tidur, it was 10pm udah (12am Brissy).. :p

Monday, sunyi rumah.. my sister c Bulan (bukan nama banar), skulah.. Siuk ni next week durang start cuti. My dad cuti, bedangan jua ku di rumah, haha.. Ptg atu, I watched Juno, siuk ceritanya.. I will give it an 8/10. Iron man alum ku bagi rating since aku nda habis meliat, hehe.. Then I watched Mary Poppins, since I haven’t finished watching it the last time I was in Brunei. My sister went back home by 3:30pm. Then my dad suruh kami beusai since kami kan ke Lambak arah my cousin. So we went to fetch my mom dari officenya, then we went to Lambak. We stayed there for 2 ½ hours, asikk becerita, hehe.. Balik rumah, dinner and rehat2..

It feels good to be back..

P.S. Did I mention that the internet is slowww here? :p I have to reduce the pic to medium, it takes FOREVER to upload, ish ish ish :p

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com