23 June 2008

Breaking the week long silence

A week has passed with no updates, hehehe.. my bad… :p Well, the thing is, nothing much happened during the weekdays that would warrant an update. I was home most of the time during the day since my dear grandma is staying with us during the past week or so, so I was spending most of the time with her. My sister has also started her skool holidays, so we get to spend more time together as well.

Wednesday night, my cousin came over and we chit chatted till late.

Thursday was the premier for the new movie, Get Smart, in Brunei. Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway and the Rock were in the movie. I was itching to watch it, so that late afternoon, c Bulan and I went to the Mall to catch the 5:25pm showing of the movie. We were actually late arriving at the Cineplex (due to some misunderstandings, hehehe) that we lost our ticket bookings. Well, you would if you arrive 5 minutes before the movie starts! :p Lucky for us, we managed to grab tickets since it’s just the two of us, and they were actually good seats! :) And maybe due to the fact that it was also playing on the biggest cinema may contribute to our luck. The movie verdict? I’d say 10/10! It was so hilariously funny (is that redundancy? Hehe). Seriously… The spy movie was worth the ticket. Steve Carell is the man! Funny man, that is.. I have to say that at first glance Steve and Anne H do make an odd pair, but it worked somehow. If you haven’t watched the movie, go ahead and watch it. It comes with a stamp of my approval, hahaha.. :p


Anyhuuu, after the movie, c Bulan and I went to Pasar Malam (finally, heheh). So, I can cross out no. 3, 4 and 5 from my list, hehe.. Oh one more thing, we can cross out no. 15 as well, since I have renewed my driving license (that was random, hehe).

On Friday, my family and I went to my cousin’s place at Lambak for a tahlil function and my nephew’s birthday. The function started after the Friday prayers. I got to meet with my other uncles and aunties as well as other cousins.

Birthday boy playing in the bouncer

With my little niece.. sama bulat pipi kami kan? Hahaha :p

With my cousin and sister :)

On Saturday, my cousin invited us to her new place at Katok for a doa selamat and BBQ at night. We went there after the Isya prayers. My Uda with his family came over to our place that night as well and decided to stay the night. It was a full house, and was siuk to have a lot of people at home. Since my family is such a small one, having my other little cousins stayed over was a lot of fun. It is usually quiet at home, and it was not so, last night, haha.. That made my day :p

On Sunday, had a busy morning, helping mom in the kitchen in preparation for lunch. We had ambuyat (cross out no. 8!) for lunch. I have learned to make the sambal belacan as well, so cross out no. 9, hehe. In the afternoon, my sister c Bulan and I decided to watch another movie at the Mall. We went out with my cousin c Jil and her little sister c Mirza. The other movie options were not really appealing since we have watched the good ones, so we decided to take a chance and watched the triller, The Happening at the Cineplex. We didn’t book any tickets in advance. Since the movie has been playing for quite some time, we thought there should be tickets available. And there were. Hmmm, about the movie.. well, I didn’t really enjoy it as much as I enjoyed watching The Village, also directed by M Night S. There wasn’t as much story line and where’s the twist? And what’s the resolution? I wondered if I missed something while watching the movie. Hahaha, ntah lah. I’d give it a 6.5/10. For me, it wasn’t really worth the 7 bucks..(shrugs)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com