06 June 2009

Squash & Dinner

It's been a week since my last post. I have nothing interesting to say hence the silence hehe. Wah, my muscles are all achey as I sit here now blogging. I know it will only get worse tomorrow, hahaha. Minyak urut on stand by please :p . I had a fun, sport-filled day today, which involves the exertion of my 'unfit' muscles and un-exercised limbs heheh. It's been a while since I played squash. The last time, was sometime 4 or 5 months ago in Brisbane haha. Even my weekend jogging is put to a standstill since my sister is busy with her mock exams.

So this afternoon, I played squash with Tiyah, Rahmat, Nazmi and Krl at the squash courts at the Stadium. I think I've only been there once or twice a long time ago, so I got lost for a while haha. Thank God for the existence of sign boards! Heh. I arrived at close to 6pm after going to a nearby sports store to buy a new squash ball. The others were already there with the exception of Krl, who came in a bit later. There were not many players about, only about 3 courts were in use. I think I prefer the courts here than in brisbane since the courts are partitioned by glass/plastic? walls, so we can watch nearby, while the ones in UQ are partitioned by bricks so we have to watch from the upper level. Hmm, I'm feeling a bit chatty tonight, hence the extra information, hehehe.

So anyhuu, we played in turns and had quite a workout. It feels really good to break out some sweat. In a way, it can be considered as a form of detoxification eh. While resting and watching the others play, we met two really nice and friendly squash players playing in the next court, probably in their 40s who were willing to share with us some correct squash techniques and tips. We stayed until 7:40pm before we went to have after game dinner at Le Stadium restaurant in Rimba. Even the name of the restaurant fits our sporty day! hehe. Baruku notice, hmm. The menu is definitely western. We stayed until 9 something something before heading back to our respective homes. I'm posting lots of photos from today, so enjoy the piccies! :)

Me & Tiyah, stopping a while for a pose, haha

Tiyah in action!

Waiting for the ball.. dum dum dummm

Hitting balls

Nazmi watching from the high referee's chair.

Rahmat watching from the nearby benches

Rahmat and Nazmi playing

Striking a pose

Rahmat with Krl

A busted squash ball! After the showdown match between Rahmat & Krl, haha

The customary group photo before going :)

Le Stadium restaurant

In conjunction with the exercise day, I opted for the beef salad hehe

Tiyah's meal. Lupaku namanya hehe, but it is seafood

Rahmat's meal. Ani pun nda ku ingat namanya, but ani daging hehe

Nazmi's meal. Burger and fries

ItalicSmile for the camera! :)

Say keju! :)

Overall, a day well spent! :D

Good night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com