12 April 2009

Early morning jog

As you may know, I am not really a morning person. It has been a while since I last jogged. So when my dad told us that he is going on a morning jog today, my sister and I decided to join him. The last time I ever jogged was sometime 2 or 3 months ago, I think haha. I feel so guilty about it, so I have compensated by playing frisbee or badminton once in a while if the mood is here and if the weather cooperates hehe.

The night before, I have set up my alarm for 5:20am, knowing that I would usually snooze the alarm a couple of times before actually waking up haha. So this morning, I woke up at the crack of dawn. It was still dark outside. And I was thinking to myself, jadi kah nda ni ah.. since my eyelids were still droopy from lack of sleep. But I am determine to make this work, so I tried to give my eyes quite a work out by marak marakkan my eyes a couple of times in front of the mirror... hmm, and why am I telling you this? hahaha.. the thing is, I usually prefer exercising in the afternoon instead of pagi-pagi buta since I like sleeping in. But tau tah di Brunei, if you want to go jogging, you have to drive to the place like Shahbandar or Damuan, before you could actually exercise, which kinda defeats the purpose a bit for me. Kan drive ke sana pun sudah berpikir dua tiga kali. But since ani my dad yang drive, so I don't mind tagging along hehe.. He usually jogs early in the mornings. Since my sister was up to the idea as well, bagi semangat lah jua, I join in as well tarus.

So after showering and a cup of hot tea, we were on our way. My dad brought us to Padang Belapan. The air was cool and crispy. There were already quite a few joggers about; middle aged to kids alike. I am quite happy to note that it seems that Bruneians are becoming more health conscious nowadays by exercising more. We stayed for an hour until the sun was up. I have to admit that I did a lot more walking than jogging haha. Asal exercise jaditah hehe. I think I managed to go 10 or so laps around the track. Yay me! :D

True to the Bruneian style, after the exercise, my dad brought us to minum-minum at a nearby restaurant at Teguh Raya and we tapau murtabak for brekkie. :p

At 6:08am, before sun rise

Padang Belapan

Jogging/walking along the tracks

C mun after the workout :p

Banyak bagus? haha


1 comments:

Mahmood Syedfaheem said...

Nice blog. Beautiful photographs. God is Great. Let us pray for peace for the world. Let us protect our planet from pollution. Wish you all the best.http://health-care-you.blogspot.com

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com