02 October 2008

Second day of Raya

Raya Day 2

Hari ani would be the first day of Raya in Brunei. I was texting my mom early this morning, iatah sibuk ia nya, preparing for a family gathering at our home di Brunei. Awal ku bangun a bit tadi, since I wanted to revise a bit on this week's case. I have been neglecting my readings this week since sibuk beraya, haha.. Masih lagi raya mood masa ani, iatah nada rasanya mood kan belajar atu, ish ish ish, not good, not good at all, hahaha. So spent this morning at home lah. While I was getting ready to go out to uni, ada tia my tua menelipun jua, betanya kabar and kan mengucapkan SHR jua nya. Thanks for all the raya txt msgs, especially ada dari my amit and iring, sambil-sambil atu menyuruh bersabar and kuatkan semangat since I'm away from my family apa kan.

At close to noon, I walked to uni for my PBL session. Ada ku membawa biskut cornflakes that I made ariatu for my PBL mates. C Cass ada jua membawa cake tadi. Nyaman cake c Cass buat atu. They seemed to like the biskut and Aileen wanted the recipe for the biskut, iatah nanti ku bagi. After PBL, I walked back home. Nada ku rasa kan stay di library, iatah balik tah ku, and I wanted to call my family di Brunei jua. When I called home, ramai orang di rumah since the whole family bekumpul di rumah for the first day of raya. Siuk jua dapat becakap with some uncles, aunties and cousins at the same time. Riuh bunyinya durang di sana atu. Siuk eh! hehehe. We talked for quite sometime. I spent the afternoon uploading pics on facebook.

At 7pm, we gathered with Sa'dy, Fathmee, Rahmat, YJ and Nazmi at the bus stop dapan Nandos. Kami atu kan ke Kelvin Grove which is still within zone 1 and 2, for an open house hosted by Ann and housemates. We rode on the bus to city. Dari city, we changed bus at the King George Station to QUT Kelvin Grove, which is less than 10 minutes away. We met other Bruneians di bus station atu jua. The Raya open house was held in the common room of the QUT housing village. Basar biliknya atu and there are modern equipments di sana such as a large screen tv and a ping pong table. We saw other Bruneians there. Ada Uncle Husin jua di sana and barutah ku pernah bejumpa with his wife masa that function tadi atu. Macam-macam food ada, from BBQ chicken to carrot cakes, etc. We stayed there until 9pm, before heading back to the city and back to St. Lucia. We arrived home at close to 10pm.

At the bus stop in St Lucia

At the common room at QUT housing village where the open house was held

Nazmi, Yunyun, me and Rahmat

Fariz and Fathmee

Esuk pun ada open house jua after sembahyang Jumaat. Will talk about that in the next post insya Allah. Till then.

Gd night! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com