23 February 2009

Proud to be a Bruneian



Today is the 25th National Day of Brunei Darussalam. You can say that it is the silver jubilee celebration here in Brunei. The theme of this year's national day is "Kedewasaan Bernegara". The morning gathering was held at the national stadium in Berakas.

I was up sometime mid morning today to watch the live broadcast of the ceremony, just in time to watch the parade or 'perarakan'. I was quite impressed with the performance which can be considered as the highlight of the show. Somewhere in the crowd were some of my cousins watching or performing.

We did not do much today. On the way to my cousin's house today, there was an accident along Jalan Bunut, which caused us to be held up in traffic for about 15 minutes or so. We had to move our cars towards the side of the two lane road, to allow an incoming police car to reach the accident site.

The weather today has been bad. It started to rain heavily in the afternoon, which then ceased sometime in the evening. Now as I am blogging here on my desk, the rain is again pouring heavily outside. I hope that the consequences would not be as bad as a few weeks ago.

On the way home, we could see the colourful "cucul" near the Beribi round about and the surrounding areas. Too bad that I did not have my camera with me at the time to capture the moment.

With that said, I would just like to say how proud I am to be a Bruneian. I hope that we will continue to live in harmony and happiness. No matter where we are, I would like to wish every Bruneian, a Happy National Day! :)

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com