22 February 2009

Bon Voyage!

Sunday, 15th February marked my last day in Brisbane. The night before, I stayed over in Yunyun's new place in Durham St. It was a clear, bright day. I don't really feel quite ready to leave Brisbane yet. Early in the morning, Sady, Syimsyim, Nabnab and Fathmee came over since they were going to the airport as well to see us off. Rahmat, Krl, Dmt and Shrmie arrived at 9:30am with the maxi taxi to pick us up. We arrived at the international airport and checked in our luggages with little hassle. We explored the shops then rested at the comfy sofas while waiting for the time to come before boarding. At a quarter to 12, we decided to head down to the immigration and thus it was time to say our last good byes.

It truly was an emotional day for me, especially at the thought of leaving such great friends behind who can be considered as my family in Brisbane. It really tugs my heart and as painful as it is to say, I really am going to miss each and everyone of them. We've been through a lot together, in times of sadness, in times of happiness, in times of need and in times of silliness. The memories that we shared are bittersweet and I shall cherish them forever. I love spending time with them which helped to chase away loneliness, homesickness, boredom, stressfulness, especially being away from our families back home.

Especially to Yunyun, Syimsyim and Nabnab whom I have grown very close to: I shall miss you guys the most! I will miss spending time with you guys. I shall miss our silliness, our movie nights, cooking together, shopping trips, heart to heart talks almost about anything, sleep overs, excursions, jogging sessions, chatting sessions, night outs, eating out, birthday surprises and so on. Thanks for always being there for me.. Thanks for the relentless and countless support.. Thanks for being such wonderful people.. Thanks for being my friend..

To Sa'dy, Fathmee and Hazzie: Our neighbours across the street! Thanks for all the kind words and support. Thanks for lending a helping hand whenever we need it, for letting us borrow your powerful vacuum cleaner (hehe), for always being so creative and fun (remember all those games of UNO, Charades, etc). I shall miss you guys too after all that we have been through all these years together.

To Cass, Shing, Pei: Thanks also for all the good wishes. I shall miss you guys, your creative ideas (UNO, Mafia!, etc haha), celebrating birthday surprises, dinner together, fruit jelly, cheese cake and different and colourful personalities.
To the seniors: Thanks for providing guidance not only in our studies, but also in matters of the life of living abroad. Thanks for all the kind words and support, and readiness in giving advices that we may need. I shall miss your presence!

To all: Thanks for all the cards and warm wishes, and making my stay in Brisbane, a very enjoyable and eventful one. There are still a lot of things that I would like to say, but I would just like to apologise for anything that I could have said or done in the past that could hurt any body's feelings without any conscious thoughts in my part. "Halalkan" what I have eaten and drank (this would have sounded better in malay, hehe). I wish everyone all the best and keep in touch! :)

The girls

With our seniors

With Syimsyim :)


With Yunyun :)


With Nabnab :)


With Sa'dy :)


With Fathmee :)


Another group picture at the airport


Brisbane: aerial view


Bye-bye Brisbane

I'm sorry that this post is such a sappy entry! :p

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com