24 October 2010

Sunshine School Silver Anniversary

Hello dear readers! :)

It is almost 2 weeks since my last update, hehe. Most of my time has been consumed with work and so forth. What fun things have I been up to this past 2 weeks? Well, I have been looking forward to attend some sort of a reunion with my primary school teachers and classmates for a few months now. The night finally came last Saturday night, on 16th October 2010. If you have been following my blog for some time now, you may have gathered that I am a Sunshine School Alumni, who graduated Primary 6 back in 1997. Through facebook and word of mouth, we learnt that the school will be holding a Silver (25th year) anniversary in October. I bought my $30 ticket during Ramadhan through a former teacher of mine, Cikgu Shamsiah. She was my class teacher back in Primary 5 in 1996, if I am not mistaken.

So on the 16th of October, I decided to carpool with my 2 oldest friends since our years in Sunshine; Mas & Zamriah. The function was scheduled to be held at the Jerudong Park Polo & Riding Club, from 7pm to 11pm. Upon arrival, we immediately spotted a lot of our former teachers waiting at the entrance and this led to lots of catching up. We admitted that we were pretty nervous since it has been more than a decade since we last saw them. Fortunately, they still remembered who we are, hehe. According to our teachers, our batch was the second batch to start at the school, which made us pretty senior to all the other kids, haha. And apparently, we were the good kids back then hahaha, when compared to kids nowadays, lol. There were a few x-classmates from our batch who came to the reunion. We were seated with some of the teachers after mingling around. While enjoying dinner, we were treated to performances by the teachers as well as the presence of guest performances from Ms. Angelique and the Bloom Brothers who flew in to Brunei especially for the Anniversary. We stayed well after 11pm, and then said our goodbyes with exchange of phone numbers and the promise of another mini reunion. After the function, Mas, Zam and I decided to continue on the night by 'menungking' at the famous tungking place in JP before heading home. Below are some piccies from the anniversary! :)

Sunshine School Silver Anniversary

Mas, Cikgu Latifah (former PE teacher), me & Zam :)

The three of us with Auntie Wendy :)

With Teacher Josephine (in red) & Cikgu Aminah (in black)

The Bloom Brothers

With Aunty Wendy, Cikgu Maswati & Cikgu Jainah :)

With Zuhratul, my Primary 1 classmate :)

From L-R: Yaza, Mas, me, Zuhratul, Fiza, Nurul, Marilou, Teacher Josephine, Zam, Cikgu Aminah, Hamimah :) The 2nd batch Primary 6 graduates 1997

Ms Angelique performing with the Bloom Brothers

Enjoying the music hehe



Photos with some of the band members :)

Teacher Ramchan grooving to the music hehe

Group photo on stage (photo by Yaza)

With Teacher Celia (in green, centre) :) (photo by Yaza)

Just before leaving Polo :)


Tungking! :P


Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com
blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com