28 October 2010

The One With The Road Trip

One of the things that I love about my job is the fact that I am not stuck in the office all the time to the point that everything gets monotonous at times. As part of my job, I get to drive around the country to visit people at their homes, see how they live their life in their own turf which can be quite humbling and eye opening as well as discovering new places that I am not familiar with here in Brunei. This always makes the job interesting.

I have never ever been to Temburong in my life eventhough I live in Brunei hehe. I finally got the chance to go today, as we had to do a few home visits to see some of our patients in the district. We drove through Limbang to Temburong and had to go through customs twice. We also had to pay a toll of B$4 or RM$8 in order to cross the river from Limbang to Temburong via ferry. I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the roads in Temburong and the general feel of the district are not that different from the ones in Bandar although I did notice a lot of open spaces, some quarry sites and lots and lots of trees & other green life. Below are some piccies that I took from my phone as we drive along the countryside.

Getting on the ferry to take us to the other side of the river

On the ferry

Welcome to Temburong! :)

One of the longhouses

One of the lesser developed roads


Some houses that we passed by

Dark clouds gathering in the blue sky

One of the tamu which I believe is in Bangar

An elderly Chinese woman cycling her bicycle in Limbang


Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com
blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com