19 March 2010

A Morning of CPR session

Yesterday morning, I attended a short CPR course with the program participants at work held at the Institute of Medicine. I was there to guide the participants and ensure that everything is going according to schedule. I have previously participated in a First Aid course in 2008 and got certified. There were also a few CPR workshops that I attended back in Brisbane as part of mbbs curriculum along with my batch back in 2008. It's great to have the opportunity to refresh my mind on how it is done, because let's face it, my technique is a bit rusty now, haha.

For the CPR course, we are following the St John Ambulance Action Plan basic life support technique. The most important thing to remember is the acronym, DR ABC, where D= Danger, R= Response, A= Airway, B= Breathing and C= Circulation in an emergency situation. It was a fun morning indeed! Below are some piccies taken using my phone, hehe.

The dummy for the practical session

The set up of the room

A demonstration by one of the trainers, with a participant as a volunteer.

Listening with rapt attention


Demonstrating on how to put the victim to recovery position

Practical session

CPR demonstration by one of the trainers


Pairing up

My former Maktab Sains principal during my pre-university years. We meet again! senyum


Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com


blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com