25 February 2010

Holidays, Work and Pies

Hello readers,

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days, hehe. I have been super busy with work and I am glad that we will be having a 3-day holiday starting tomorrow. I need my rest! Hehe. Though work has been hectic, I have enjoyed it very much. I am soooooo looking forward to the holiday! I plan to eat lots, and sleep lots, haha.

Anyway, we have been quite lucky these past few weeks since we have had a few public holidays dispersed throughout the month. 23rd February was another day of celebration and to be thankful of. We have reached our 26th National Day, and I think it is not too late to wish every Bruneian a "Happy 26th National Day!".

So during the national day holiday, I decided to bake a Chocolate Pie for the first time. I was craving for something sweet and chocolaty. Watching those food tv shows that I love so much does not help at all, haha. Below are some piccies that I took while in the process of baking the pie.

Preparing the dough for the pie crust

Rolling the dough to a flat thin layer

Placing the dough on the pie tray

Preparing the chocolate filling

Mix on the stove until it thickens

Beating egg whites to make meringue

Baked pie crust

The chocolate filling is poured into the crust

A layer of the meringue is poured on top of the chocolate

Baked chocolate pie. Slightly burned on top, haha

And tada!! I couldn't wait for it to cool down, so I took my first bite. Nyum! :P


Til the next post! http://www.emocutez.com

blog

0 comments:

Soothe Your Senses

You Are Visitor Number

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com